Our communal aerial installation ensures that everything from design and planning is in compliance with best practice standards and local regulations.
If you need a team of expert TV aerial installers to guide you on what’s best, then Mayday Aerials should be your first contact. We offer specialist aerial installation for flats, but can adapt a system according to your requirements.
With over ten years of experience installing aerial, satellite and countless other audio / visual systems, we’re ready willing and able to ensure not just you, but your tenants / customers get crystal clear TV all of the time.
Types of communal aerial or satellite system
There are a few main types of communal systems for aerial and satellite reception.
- IRS (Integrated Receiving systems), the most used communal system for blocks of flats big housing estates, where only one main dish and aerial is required for the whole estate
- DTT (digital terrrestrial TV). DTT is for digital TV aerial signal only.I.e. no satellite. This type of system is teh minimum requirement for blocks of flats or hotels, so as to be able to receive digital TV in 2012.
- SMATV (Satellite Master Antenna TV systems). These type of systems are mainly used on hotel types systems. SMATV systems basically have one commercial grade receiver per satellite channel, put through an aerial system. This allows for each TV to be able to pick up the nominated satellite channels, without the need for a satellite receiver box for each room.
- Fibre optic (FIRS) systems technology has changed and become cheaper. Fibre run systems can do everything an IRS system can do. These are great where long or extra long or large systems are involved.
- Installations, maintenance, rentals
The systems above are the main types of systems in use today for communal aerial and satellite systems.
All of these systems can be reasonably small systems to very major systems that can incorporate fibre optic cables, sometimes even feeding whole housing estates.